Monday, March 22, 2010

Kashif






In celebration of coming up on this very LP at the local Salvation Army last week, I decided to go old school today. Most of the music (well, at least the good stuff) this guy produced was done long before I was born. Regardless, Kashif is the man. A producer of R&B and electro funk in the 80's gave him his fame throughout the decade. He originally played keys in the funk band BT Express from 1976 to 1979, but left in 1980 to pursue a solo career of singing, song-writing, and producing. With that being said I will conclude with some solid 80's boogie. Kashif style.


I know it's not the most popular song on his debut album (Kashif - 1983), but it's certainly my favorite.


We all know today's rappers stole a lot from the 80's and Nate Dogg is certainly no exception. His hook on Chico & Coolwadda's "High Come Down" is pretty blatant.




Too be honest, I didn't even know there was a video to "Love Come Down"




Here's the instrumental to that hit track from 1982 produced by none other than our man Kashif.



I'm pretty sure this track is post-Kashif, but this song is so funky I just couldn't resist.



No comments:

Post a Comment