Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bonobo


Well it was a pretty solid weekend of music/partying and to kind of get me mellowed I've been listening to a lot of Bonobo. I had never heard of him until a couple weeks ago driving home one night listening to Garth Trinidad's show on KCRW. Awesome show from 8-10pm every night (I think), but I digress. Bonobo has that amazing downtempo sound, very chilled but beat driven. He just released a new album called Black Sands. I haven't listened to his previous releases, but if they're anything like this one. Wow. Good stuff start to finish.







After a little bit of research, it appears the dude Bonobo will be playing a gig at the El Rey this month (April 22nd). Certainly check him out and pick up an LP, mp3, or CD over at Ninja Tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment