Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Rare Hip/Hop Post





So I realized I've been neglecting my old friend Hip/Hop for at least a year now. I mean don't get me wrong I try to stay up to date with whats going on, but I really feel like the overall (and I say this generally speaking because I know there are some bangers out there that I didn't know about) quality of Hip/Hop has gone down hill. Significantly. I honestly can't listen to rap stations I used to listen to anymore because I just don't feel at least 80% of the shit thats on there. KDAY, now thats a different story. Quality.. but thats only because they play tracks from pre-2000.

These tracks aren't all new, but they're what's helping me get reacquainted with an old friend.


Banger


I have to give credit to Et Musique Pour Tous for diggin this one. Hadn't played this track in yyyears. I dig the mashup he posted (and I'm a 99% mashup hater), but you gotta go with original material on this one.



Getting ready for the holiday this Tuesday I'm guessing. Produced by Diplo. Straight comedy on this one.



Really feelin' Strong Arm Steady. If you haven't copped the Stoney Jackson album go do that immediately. You will not be disappointed. Also check out the Stones Throw Podcast.




Sampling Classixx. And with Talib on it... You know its gonna be legit.




You really can't go wrong with Fools Gold. Be on the look out for cameos.


No comments:

Post a Comment